(CNN)James “Radio” Kennedy, the mentally disabled man whose importance to a South Carolina football team inspired the Hollywood movie “Radio,” died early Sunday at the age of 73, T.L. Hanna High School confirmed.
Our mission is quite simple, to “Celebrate the lives of People of Color, by giving our lives texture.”
We accomplish our mission by curating stories from around the web and creating a visual + informative experience for readers.
- ‘Cane River’: A Forgotten Black Director’s Only Film Resurfaces After Being Lost for 40 years | IndieWire
- Future of Historic African American School in Jeopardy | U.S. News
- “Blind Tom,” born a slave, at the age of 10 became the highest paid pianist of the 19th century | The Vintage News
- The Troubling Fate of a 1973 Film About the First Black Man in the C.I.A. (2018) | The New Yorker
- $27 Million for Reparations Over Slave Ties Pledged by Seminary | The New York Times