“Thrilled to introduce PATTERN // my new hair care brand specifically for curly, coily, and tight textured hair,” writes Ross in an unexpected post to her followers. She states that this has been bubbling for 10 years since the end of her television show, Girlfriends. She’s directing people to her website, PATTERN when orders will be taken on the launch date.
Our mission is quite simple, to “Celebrate the lives of People of Color, by giving our lives texture.”
We accomplish our mission by curating stories from around the web and creating a visual + informative experience for readers.
- Remembering the 1968 Orangeburg Massacre When Police Shot Dead Three Unarmed Black Students | Democracy Now
- Op-Ed: California’s forgotten slave history | Los Angeles Times
- How Kwame Nkrumah used metaphor as a political weapon against colonialism | The Conversation
- Ella Baker’s Legacy Runs Deep. Know Her Name. | The New York Times
- The chilling details of Patrice Lumumba’s assassination and how he was dissolved in acid | Face2Face Africa